Dolphin Discovery Group completed the acquisition of 4 marine parks on the island of Jamaica, owned by the company Dolphin Cove Jamaica, Ltd.

Dolphin Cove began operations in 2001, with four dolphins in their first park located in Ocho Rios Jamaica, near the world famous Dunn’s River Falls. Currently, Dolphin Cove Ocho Rios Park covers an area of more than 3 acres, and it’s one of the most important attractions in Jamaica, besides living the experience of swimming with dolphins and visiting Dunn’s River Falls, you can also interact with sharks and rays, among many other activities.

Dolphin Cove also owns Dolphin Cove Negril Park, Dolphin Cove Half Moon and Dolphin Cove Moon Palace, this last one is located in the recently opened Hotel Moon Palace Jamaica Grande, from the Mexican Moon Palace chain.

Eduardo Albor, CEO of Dolphin Discovery said: “Dolphin Cove is undoubtedly one of the main attractions in Ocho Rios and Negril, which share similarities with Dolphin Discovery, such as always looking to offer the best service to its visitors in all their parks, and also, excellent care and commitment to the species under their care, so acquiring a company with the same values and a history of success, it makes us feel confident to trust on this wonderful destination which is Jamaica and continue to invest in this great country “.

Mr. Stafford Burrowes, founder of Dolphin Cove and who will remain as Member and Chairman of the Board of Dolphin Cove, explains: “I know and am very familiar with the operations of Dolphin Discovery in Mexico and the Caribbean, as well as its recent expansion in the US and Europe, so I’m excited now Dolphin Cove is part of a business, and the dynamism and professionalism of Dolphin Discovery. Dolphin Cove’s sure will continue its growth in Jamaica and other Caribbean destinations hand Dolphin Discovery “.

Being Dolphin Cove a public company listed on the Stock Exchange of Jamaica, it was announced that Dolphin Discovery will acquire up to 80% of its shares for an amount of approximately $ 42,000,000usd, remaining 20% held by institutional investors and the public generally.

With this, Dolphin Discovery, a Mexican company that started operations 21 years ago in Cancun, Mexico, has become the world leader in swimming with dolphins with 23 parks in 9 countries and 2 continents.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest